Spring Silent Retreat
This 3-day silent retreat with Silas is a beautiful opportunity for immersion in Presence and awakening to Essence taking place in the serene mountains of western Virginia. Lake Moomaw offers a tranquil campground with a beautiful placid lake, hiking trails, and many places for meditation, contemplation, and stillness.
This Silent Retreat with Silas is for beings who are wholeheartedly committed to awakening and freedom. A silent retreat is about moving away from distractions and the business of the mind, and exploring and sinking in to the Essence within. As you step away from all of the noise around you, you start to see that the noise wasn't so much around you, it was only within your mind.
There will be one or two Satsangs each day, Monday -Thursday. After the last Satsang session of the last day, each participant will be released to spend the rest of the time until check out on Sunday in fellowship, experiencing the newly found stillness within themselves, and oneness with each unique expression.
Campsites are divided into three loops, the first of which has many sites with electric hookups. Picnic tables, lantern posts and campfire rings with grills are provided. Drinking water, flush toilets and showers are among the amenities at the campground. Silas and his family have used this campground for many years of tranquil getaways.
If you are participating in the Mentorship Path of Ekstasis Institute, this Silent Retreat is at no cost to you except for transportation to get to the event and providing your own food. Please contact Austin at EkstasisCulture@gmail.com to reserve your space.
If you are not participating in the mentorship, you are more than welcome to participate in this retreat. Please submit your payment (found below). Contact Austin at EkstasisCulture@gmail.com to get details of site reservations and food (not included in the registration costs). See you there!
GuidelinesBy attending the Silent Retreat, you are agreeing to the following guidelines, which are in place to facilitate your awakening:
- This Silent Retreat is for those earnestly desiring the realization of the Divine Essence. Approach this event with an earnest and sober desire to explore within.
- Please adhere to the code of silence throughout the duration of the retreat.
- Please maintain silence by avoiding all socialization. This includes talking, making physical or eye contact, singing, dancing, reading, and writing, although journaling and writing down questions for Satsang are permitted. Move about quietly. Silently focus your awareness on the stillness within the heart. In this way, you make the most of your opportunity and honor the other participants.
- If attending with a partner or friend, please refrain from communicating with each other in any way. Please respect the experience of your loved ones and other retreat participants by allowing them to remain in the place of silence and stillness.
- The use of phones, cameras, other mobile devices, or the internet during the retreat is not allowed.
- We encourage you to bring your questions to Silas at the Satsang sessions. When asking questions, please do your best to keep them simple, open, and present. Please do not share personal stories at Satsang. Be aware that Silas will only answer questions during Satsang, so we encourage you to come to the sessions with your questions, and to treat this event as though this is your only opportunity for freedom.
- Complete the entire retreat, and attend every Satsang session. While attending Satsang sessions, please show respect and reduce distractions by remaining present at the Satsang until Silas has released everyone.
- Please refrain from using intoxicants or recreational drugs for the duration of this retreat.
- By attending this event, you agree to have your image and voice recorded and possibly used for the sharing of Satsang on the Internet. All recorded material will be used by Ekstasis Culture only, and will be treated with the utmost honor and respect by Ekstasis Culture.
- Please Note: Silent Retreats are not a replacement for therapy or other medical treatment or diagnosis. If you are currently receiving or have previously received medical treatment or therapy for issues related to mental health, this Silent Retreat may not be suitable for you. Therefore, if you have a history of serious mental health conditions , we advise you to contact your mental health practitioner prior to attending, in order to ensure that it is reasonably safe for you to participate in this Silent Retreat.